Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Boston Marathon Tragedy

I am no where near a runner that could even come close to run the Boston Marathon.  So, those that are able to qualify and run it...I salute you.  After yesterday's events, I'm kind of glad I'm not that good just yet.  The flip side of that coin is that this could have happened at any location.  So, I will continue to run as I am.  I will also add a reason to my list for running.  That is in honor of those that lost their lives and/or ability to run yesterday.

There are also several movements in honor of this horrific tragedy.  One is by the Run JunkEes and they have a race bib that you can download from their website.  Their event can also be found on Facebook here.  This is a public "virtual run" that you can join and I encourage you to do as I already have.  I will be running today myself at around 1:45 PM CST.  As I have seen many others do I will target 4.15 miles.  This will be a feat for me since I have just recently got my mileage up to 3.4 miles in the time I have to on my runch (running lunch).  From the Run JunkEes event "This is a virtual run event, which means you can run (or walk) any distance, anywhere and at anytime. It is intended to both honor the victims as well as display an act of unity and solidarity in the running community. This was an event dreamed up by fellow Runners and you are welcome to invite anyone to join. THIS IS NOT A FUND RAISER. PLEASE be careful of scams (already) of people claiming to be raising money. A special thanks to TJ from VO2 the MAX for creating the "race" bib. Once you've completed your unity run you are welcome to post a picture to the RunJunkEes facebook page (please do not email pictures). Other runners are suggesting to wear a race shirt as well, so if you have one and you'd like to do so that would be great."

I hope you all will join me in honoring those that have lost their lives and have been injured as part of this cowardice act.  Below you can see the copy of the race bib that you can get to run with.



Until next time, keep those beats coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please roll your comments out for me to read.